Louisiana is a state with a rich cultural heritage as well as a reputation for being an all-around great time, all the time. This means the best motorcycle rallies in Louisiana are well-worth your while, providing top notch community-building and celebrations for a thriving Louisiana biking culture.
So you aren’t missing out, we took our time highlighting what we think are the 7 motorcycle rallies you should check off your Louisiana bucket list.
Our Top 7 Motorcycle Rallies in Louisiana
With dozens of motorcycle rallies happening each year, it’s hard to pick just seven. Keep in mind these aren’t ranked in a particular order, and we’re always open to hearing suggestions about your favorite Louisiana biker event.
1. Bikers on the Bayou: This annual motorcycle rally held in Franklin, Louisiana is an amazing representation of the local Bayou biker community. They put together a day of family fun, motorcycle shows, street vendors, art, music, and more. You can even take your crew through a swamp tour, if you’re looking to get the most out of your time in Bayou! All in all, this is a fun day of motorcycle rally camaraderie, and we advise getting tickets as soon as they go up.
2. Bayou Thunder Ride: The Bayou Thunder Ride is a one-day rally and group ride held at its namesake bar and grill. Typically held in the spring, this all-day celebration is not just for the riders to enjoy. The open road leads back to a party that features live music, stiff drinks, and an atmosphere that any Louisiana motorcycle rider would be happy to be a part of.
3. Louisiana HOG Rally: Whenever you spot a HOG rally, it’s prime time for ride time. Held during peak riding season months, the Louisiana Harley-Davidson community always puts on a great event, no matter where it’s held. At rallies like these, you’ll meet riders from around the world, have a chance to view the best vendors and biking equipment, and take part in some fun and rewarding activities. There are group rides, races, raffles, and motorcycle shows. If you’re a Harley lover, don’t miss the 2022 HOG rally.
4. Save the TaTa’s Breast Cancer Awareness Ride: This is set to be the 9th annual Save The TaTa’s Breast Cancer Awareness Ride, and it gets better each year. Held in Scott, Louisiana, this event is put on by Cajun Harley-Davidson, and proceeds benefit the Miles Perret Center for Cancer Services. At the ride, you’ll have a chance to meet up with other Louisiana Harley-Davidson enthusiasts, go on the group ride to raise money for cancer, and celebrate life at a great venue. Sign up today as they’re almost sold out!
5. Sunday Dealer Ride to Many, Louisiana: The Lumberjack Harley-Davidson team and other Louisiana motorcycle riders are joining forces to take a ride down to Many on August 15th, 2021. There will be a seafood lunch at Bayou Crawfish along with all the usual great group ride camaraderie found at Harley events. Once you’re back at the dealership, there will be special exhibits and deals for ticket holders, so don’t miss out on this opportunity!
6. NOLA Track Day Winner: These closed racetrack events are a blend of group rides and coaching sessions that make for an amazing Louisiana motorcycle experience. Expert coaches will work with you and a group in a safe and controlled environment to show you how to ride the Bayou way. There are meet-ups and group sessions available, so sign up and see how you do on a track day.
7. Las Vegas BikeFest 2021: Don’t be fooled by the name – the Las Vegas BikeFest is firmly rooted in Lake Charles, Louisiana for 2021, and it’s going to be an amazing motorcycle rally. Located at the Golden Nugget Hotel and Casino, this 4-day event is an opportunity for the Las Vegas BikeFest Company to bring in vendors and dealers to show off high-end motorcycles and gear. Additionally, there will be group rides, gambling, food, and drinks to make sure that everyone in attendance finds their fill of fun this September 30th – October 3rd.
Tips for Biker Rallies in Louisiana
Planning a trip to attend a motorcycle rally in Louisiana is one of the best ways to make the most out of your time as a rider. These events are a great way to see stunning bikes and gear, meet fellow riders, and visit places you may have otherwise overlooked. The best way to enjoy these events responsibly includes:
Hydration: Louisiana is known for hot weather and humidity. Don’t wait until it’s too late to keep your body well-hydrated, especially in all that gear.
Planning your trip and buying tickets early: These events are popular for a reason! You don’t want to miss out because you don’t have tickets or can’t find proper lodging.
Riding responsibly: Louisiana is known for hosting a great time, but drinking and riding is always discouraged. Make sure you and your fellow riders stay safe.
Riding to your skill level: At these Louisiana motorcycle rallies, there are amazing group rides at nearly all of them. We always advise that you ride with groups and on roads that are comfortable for you. Getting hurt trying to show off is a lousy way to leave a rally!
Motorcycle Rallies are Better With Team Law Tigers
There’s a reason that Law Tigers is the most trusted team of legal professionals for motorcycle riders. We’re riders just like you, and want to make sure our community is safe while attending group rides, rallies, or any other event. Being part of our team lets you ride stress-free knowing that if something happens, we have your back.
Sign up for a free rider benefit card today so you can ride with Law Tigers on your side. We’ll see you out there at the best motorcycle rallies in Louisiana!